Wednesday 5 March 2014

Beds



Beds

I have several beds this one is the front Garden. Last week I removed 2 Lavander bushes from this bed to the back garden.


Photo

Here are the 2 lavender bushes on the right of the picture. This is a very shaded area but it is too dry to support most plants. The Lavender plants suffered in the front garden getting too wet (not surprising with this year being the wettest on record) so I am hoping that they will thrive here.

Photo

This is the new bed that I have just dug. Not a lot to look at at the moment but this is the part of the garden with the most direct sun so I am hoping that the bed is going to be spectacular this summer. When you dig a new bed you disturb the seeds that are in the ground so You find that you have a flush of weeds that will all come up.

I have planted bulbs in this bed ready to flower between May to October but I wont plant anything else here for a few weeks until the weeds have been dealt with. When all the weeds have germinated I will remove them in one go.

Photo

This is my fruit patch. There would normally be a rhubarb plant on the left (Please come back in the summer). Then Strawberries and in the cold frame are 2 fuchsias. I am considering removing the Strawberries at the moment. I feel that this would be a good bed to plant some flowers maybe a wild flower mix. I have been thinking about moving the strawberries into so large pipe I've found cutting holes in it and standing it vertically


This is the west wall so will receive a lot of summer sun. 
Photo



No comments:

Post a Comment