Thursday 27 March 2014

Clematis Update

I said in a previous post that i thought the big petaled Clematis was a Viticella 'Venosa Violacea' but I managed to find a sliver of the label 
So here is an update about this plant it turns out that this one is a group 2 plant originated in Japan c1980 it is a hybrid cross of 'Star of India' and 'Crimson King' it grows to between 2.5 - 3 meters so the extra wire mesh that I have put up for it is not needed.

I have found lots of information about it here and on the same web site I have found some more information about the Montana Elisabeth here This site has links for just about every Clematis so it is well worth a visit also they have a lot of information about the nurseries or botanists who raised the hybrids. I have found that people can get very passionate about Clematis and i can really understand why.

No comments:

Post a Comment