Thursday 27 March 2014

Strawberry Planter

Strawberry Planter


I mentioned in a recent post that I was planning to use an old pipe that I found as a strawberry planter. Someone I know who is a bit of a mentor to me said that the pipe would be to thick so it wouldn't allow the soil to heat up quickly enough and he said that he had an old strawberry planter that I could have. 

It took a fair while to fill the planter and nearly all my compost but I am so happy with the results and so too are my strawberries. This also means that the area of the garden where the strawberries were is now available for planting.


When I moved the strawberries from the bed I ended up with more than I was able to use in the planter so  I was able to plant them around the base of the planter next to the new Herb bed that I will talk about in another Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment